Sport at Coloma
At Coloma we greatly value the participation of our pupils in a broad range of sporting activity under the expert guidance and care of our PE department staff. The School makes good use of its sporting facilities including 2 gyms, all weather floodlit sports pitches and extensive grounds in which field and track events are catered for.
We firmly believe it is our responsibility to promote a positive attitude to exercise and aim to encourage our pupils and students to build a lifetime habit of healthy activity. We promote the understanding that exercise is vital in relation to the well-being of the individual and is a key part of a balanced, complete and effective education.
Aims & Objectives
At Coloma we aim through our sporting programme to:
- Promote positive attitudes towards physical activities
- Help pupils & students develop a healthy attitude to involvement in exercise in later life
- Develop an understanding and appreciation of health, fitness and the effects and benefits of a healthy active life-style.
- Give all students (irrespective of gender, ethnic origin or academic ability) the opportunity to discover and develop their physical potential through a balanced programme of activities.
- Develop a range of motor skills and aid the development of co-ordination and self-confidence in movement.
In addition to the physical aspects and benefits of exercise through sport we also aim through our sporting programme to:
- Motivate pupils to aim for personal excellence
- Encourage pupils to plan, perform and evaluate both independently and in group situations
- Encourage participation and enjoyment
- Develop interpersonal skills
- Develop an appreciation of individual differences and capabilities
- Emphasise the importance of safe practice and encourage responsible attitudes towards safety
- Promote self-esteem through the development of physical confidence
- Raise awareness of personal health and hygiene
- Emphasise the importance of codes of conduct, rules, fair play and good sporting behaviour
- Develop a range of desirable personal qualities such as politeness, initiative, perseverance and independence
- Develop literacy, numeracy and verbal skills
Do take some time to look through our sports pages and catch up with our latest sporting news and details of the sports curriculum at each key stage.
You will find all the school calendars including the Sports Calendar on the pop out menu to the right of this page.
Follow this link if you would like to see full details of our PE kit, prices and school supplier -