Coloma Convent Girls’ School sits in extensive grounds on the edge of the Addington Hills. Built in 1965 by the Daughters of Mary and Joseph, it continues to grow not only in helping girls to achieve their maximum potential in academic and vocational pursuits but also in the provision of the facilities to help them in those twin aims.
Since the school was built a significant number of additional facilities have been added, reflecting the ever modernising and increasingly technological world in which we live. As part of our Open Day events, Coloma pupils lead tours of the Coloma site for prospective Lower School and 6th Form students and parents which includes:
- Purpose-built 6th Form Block in its own setting within the grounds
- The School Chapel
- The Design & Technology Centre
- The Large School Hall and Stage
- Two fully equipped gymnasia
- Fully equipped science laboratories
- Lacrosse & athletics field
- Tennis & netball courts
- Well resourced library with computer provision for independent study
- Music studio with computerised digital composition facilities
- Drama studio
- 6 Computer suites regularly maintained, with internet access and wi-fi connected laptops
- Online communications and Interactive Whiteboards in all teaching areas
- Floodlit artificial football & lacrosse pitch and training area meeting FA requirements built in association with Sport England
- New & refurbished art and pottery rooms
- Media suite
- Purpose built Performing Arts Centre (The Winton House Performing Arts Centre)
- The Jubilee Centre
If you are a prospective parent or student and would like to attend one of our open events you will find the dates for these when available in our events tables.
As part of our ongoing commitment to the local community, we are very pleased to receive requests to use our Football, Performing Arts Centre and athletics field facilities outside of school time. Please make enquiries via School Reception.
Coloma has a well-stocked library which is also equipped with computer resources. All students are encouraged to make use of the library and the ICT facilities for personal research and study. Whether you’re a fan of gruesome fiction or happy endings; true stories or classic reads; there is something in the library for you!