In the Sixth Form, we recognise the independence and growing maturity of our students as they progress to the world of work and adult life. Our Sixth Form students are role models for the Coloma community and young women who take pride in themselves and in their school. We expect high standards of commitment, conduct and appearance from all our Sixth Form students and we work rigorously to maintain these standards. Our aim is to reflect the expectations of a professional workplace.
It is the responsibility of all students to comply with our dress code which is:
- a specified black suit from the suppliers www.cladishsports.co.uk. (When purchasing the suit students must choose the option that ensures that trousers are full length or skirts must be knee length.)
- a plain shirt, with sleeves and a traditional collar, made from material which is not sheer or see-through. All students must have a plain white, collared shirt available for formal school occasions.
- a plain jumper or cardigan (optional), without a hood, that may be worn under the jacket but not instead of the jacket.
- shoes which are suitable to wear with a suit, and not canvas or trainers.
Please note that:
- Jewellery, make-up, hair colour and styles must be kept to a discreet level; body piercing, apart from ears, is unacceptable.
- Students wishing to wear Islamic dress must wear a simple plain black hijab and or jilbab with the approved suit jacket.
Any student arriving in school dressed inappropriately can expect parents/guardian to be notified and may be asked to return home to change.