Pre-U Qualification in Business and Management
This high profile option is available to selected Business Studies students at Coloma. It is a rigorous additional qualification to A-level and includes two examinations and a personal investigation all taken at the end of the course.
Cambridge Pre-U is an exciting new post-16 qualification. It prepares learners with the skills and knowledge they need to make a success of their subsequent studies at university. It is part of the Cambridge Advanced range of specifications and is accepted by all the top universities.
Underpinning Educational Values
Cambridge Pre-U is underpinned by a clear set of educational aims:
- Encouraging the development of well-informed, open and independent-minded individuals
- Promoting deep understanding through subject specialisation, with a depth and rigour appropriate to progression to higher education
- Helping learners to acquire specific skills of problem-solving, critical thinking, creativity, team-working, independent learning and effective communication
- Recognising the wide range of individual talents and interests
- Promoting an international outlook and cross-cultural awareness
If you’d like to learn more about the Cambridge Pre U and see for yourself Coloma students experience of taking this course you can listen to Andrew Corish, Assistant Headteacher discussing the merits of the Pre U on a recent radio interview. Just select the option from the pop out menu on the right hand of this page. You will also find a short film on the pop out which documents our students and Headteachers views, and the latest Pre-U Newsletter.