Outer London Pay Scale
London Borough of Croydon
Autumn 2022 or Spring 2023
Coloma Convent Girls’ School in Shirley is recognised as one of the top non-selective secondary schools in the country. We are consistently oversubscribed and a very popular choice within the borough and other local boroughs. In October 2019 Coloma received its fifth ‘Outstanding’ Diocesan Inspection report and in 2021 was named ‘Best School in Croydon’ in the Real Schools Guide. We are now on a journey of rapid improvement with a genuine commitment to being even better and serving the whole local community.
Candidates should be able to teach either Biology and/or Physics and/or Chemistry across the age and ability range to KS5 and to provide evidence of successful teaching strategies and excellent organisational skills. Applications are considered from both experienced and newly qualified teachers.
Head of Year responsibility available for interested candidates.
Coloma is very proud of its history of academic achievement; this is due to the hard work, focus and dedication of staff and pupils which permeates the ethos that is Coloma. In 2019, the last year in which final public examinations were sat, we achieved remarkable exam results with a Progress 8 score of 0.89 at GCSE.
We value excellent relationships within a caring community. Extra-curricular activities play a huge part in the life and success of the school and pastoral systems are extremely strong.
- A community which is on a rapid journey of improvement with a genuine commitment to being even better.
- A school with a strong commitment to your professional development.
- A working environment focused on Teaching and Learning and raising standards for all.
- The opportunity to work in a team where your skills, enthusiasm and hard work will be appreciated.
- The opportunity to work within the largest cosmopolitan centre outside of Central London, undergoing substantial redevelopment, growth and change.
- A school that invests in enrichment and extra-curricular activities.
Do not be put off applying for a post if you are not a practising Catholic. We welcome applications from colleagues who are supportive of the values of a Catholic School. Many of our staff are members of religious faiths other than Catholic and make an enormous contribution to the well-being of our students.
How to Apply
Queries should be sent by email to email@example.com
Closing date: tbc
Coloma reserves the right to commence or complete the recruitment process at any time prior to the closing date.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share the commitment. All appointments will be subject to a satisfactory Enhanced Disclosure Barring Service check.
Please note: We do not accept applications via agencies.