London Borough of Croydon
January 2023 or negotiable
Outer London Pay Scale & TLR
Coloma Convent Girls’ School in Shirley is recognised as one of the top non-selective secondary schools in the country. We are consistently oversubscribed and a very popular choice within the borough and other local boroughs. In October 2019 Coloma received its fifth ‘Outstanding’ Diocesan Inspection report and in 2021 was named ‘Best School in Croydon’ in the Real Schools Guide. We are now on a journey of rapid improvement with a genuine commitment to being even better and serving the whole local community. Coloma is very proud of its history of academic achievement; this is due to the hard work, focus and dedication of staff and pupils which permeates the ethos that is Coloma. In 2022 we achieved remarkable exam results with a provisional Progress 8 score of 0.80 at GCSE and 43% of A Level students achieving A*/A grades and 22% D* BTEC.
We are seeking to appoint a well-qualified, enthusiastic and dedicated English teacher to lead one of Coloma’s most successful departments. The successful candidate will;
- be able to teach English across the age and ability range up to KS5
- have excellent subject knowledge, written and verbal communication skills
- understand the importance of monitoring student progress and effective intervention
- enjoy working collaboratively with colleagues across the science faculty
Applications will be considered from both existing Team Leaders/Heads of Department as well as experienced teachers who are looking for career progression. Coloma welcomes applications from colleagues of all faiths or non-faith backgrounds who will actively support the ethos and values of the school.
- A community which is on a rapid journey of improvement with a genuine commitment to being even better.
- A school with a strong commitment to your professional development.
- A working environment focused on Teaching and Learning and raising standards for all.
- The opportunity to work in a team where your skills, enthusiasm and hard work will be appreciated.
- The opportunity to work within the largest cosmopolitan centre outside of Central London, undergoing substantial redevelopment, growth and change.
- A school that invests in enrichment and extra-curricular activities.
How to Apply
Queries should be sent by email to email@example.com
10am, Monday 5th December 2022
Shortlisted candidates will be invited to an interview w/c 12th December 2022.
Coloma reserves the right to commence or complete the recruitment process at any time prior to the closing date.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share the commitment. All appointments will be subject to a satisfactory Enhanced Disclosure Barring Service check.
Please note: We do not accept applications via agencies.