London Borough of Croydon
Easter or September 2023
Outer London Pay Scale +TLR
Coloma Convent Girls’ School is an oversubscribed and successful 11-18 all girls comprehensive school which has been consistently recognised as one of the top performing non-selective secondary schools in the country. In December 2022, The Times released its ‘Parent Power Schools Guide’ to the top 1600 UK schools based on 2022 exam results. Coloma was ranked 2nd in the best girls’ comprehensive category and 39th in the best comprehensive school category.
We are seeking to appoint a well-qualified, enthusiastic and dedicated Physics teacher to join one of Coloma’s most successful departments. This summer 67% of our A-level Physics students achieved an A*-B grade whilst at GCSE an impressive 72% achieved a Grade 7 or above.
The successful candidate will;
- be able to teach Physics across the age and ability range up to KS5
- have excellent subject knowledge, written and verbal communication skills
- understand the importance of monitoring student progress and effective intervention
- enjoy working collaboratively with colleagues across the science faculty
Applications will be considered from both existing Team Leaders/Heads of Department as well as experienced teachers who are looking for career progression. Coloma welcomes applications from colleagues of all faiths or non-faith backgrounds who will actively support the ethos and values of the school.
- A community which is on a rapid journey of improvement with a genuine commitment to being even better.
- A school with a strong commitment to your professional development.
- A working environment focused on Teaching and Learning and raising standards for all.
- The opportunity to work in a team where your skills, enthusiasm and hard work will be appreciated.
- The opportunity to work within the largest cosmopolitan centre outside of Central London, undergoing substantial redevelopment, growth and change.
- A school that invests in enrichment and extra-curricular activities.
How to Apply
Queries should be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Friday 3rd February 2023
Will take place Wednesday 8th and Thursday 9th February.
Coloma reserves the right to commence or complete the recruitment process at any time prior to the closing date.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share the commitment. All appointments will be subject to a satisfactory Enhanced Disclosure Barring Service check.
Please note: We do not accept applications via agencies.