Coloma Convent Girls’ School in Shirley is recognised as one of the top non-selective secondary schools in the country. We are consistently oversubscribed and have received four ‘Outstanding’ Ofsted and four ‘Outstanding’ Diocesan reports and ‘World Class Schools’ status. Coloma achieved the accolade of ‘Best School in Croydon’ in the Real Schools Guide in 2020.
The Head Teacher and Governing Body are looking to appoint a flexible, reliable, enthusiastic and hardworking person to join our team of Science Technicians in providing effective support to the Biology, Chemistry and Physics Departments, to enhance student progress. Experience of working in a school preferable, but not essential.
- Local Government Pension Scheme.
- A staff gym.
- A school with a strong commitment to staff.
- A working environment focused on raising standards for all.
- The opportunity to work in a team where your skills, enthusiasm and hard work will be appreciated.
- The opportunity to work within the largest cosmopolitan centre outside of Central London, undergoing substantial redevelopment, growth and change.
Do not be put off applying for a post if you are not a practising Catholic. We welcome applications from colleagues who are supportive of the values of a Catholic School. Many of our staff are members of religious faiths other than Catholic and make an enormous contribution to the well-being of our students.
Closing date: Sunday 25th April 2021
Applications will be considered on receipt and interviews may occur at any stage. Coloma reserves the right to commence or complete the recruitment process at any time prior to the closing date.
Coloma Convent Girls’ School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All appointments will be subject to a satisfactory Enhanced Disclosure Barring Service check.