In the Sixth Form, we recognise the independence and growing maturity of our students as they progress to the world of work and adult life. Our Sixth Form students are role models for the Coloma community and young women who take pride in themselves and in their school. We expect high standards of commitment, conduct and appearance from all our Sixth Form students and we work rigorously to maintain these standards. Our aim is to reflect the expectations of a professional workplace.
It is the responsibility of all students to comply with our dress code which is:
- a specified black suit from the suppliers www.cladishsports.co.uk consisting of a blazer and either skirt or trousers. (When purchasing the suit, students must choose the option that ensures that trousers are full length or skirts must be knee length.)
- a shirt or blouse, with sleeves and a traditional collar, made from a material which is not sheer or see-through. All students must have a plain white, collared shirt available for formal school occasions.
- Students wishing to wear Islamic dress must wear a simple plain head covering in a neutral colour and a black abaya with the approved suit jacket.
- a plain jumper or cardigan (optional) made from knitted fabric, without a hood, that may be worn under the jacket but not instead of the jacket. Hoodies and sweatshirts are not allowed.
- shoes which are suitable to wear with a suit, and must be a polishable leather-style material in black. Canvas shoes and trainers are not permitted. Any boot-style shoes should not reach higher than the ankle.
Please note that:
- Jewellery, make-up, hair colour and styles must be kept to a discreet level; a small single pair of earrings may be worn. A small stud may be worn in the nose but full nose-rings are not permitted.
- Outdoor coats must not be worn inside the buildings. Hoodies and sweatshirts are not allowed as outdoor coats.
- Any permanent tattoos must be covered at all times.
- Any student arriving at school dressed inappropriately can expect parents/guardian to be notified and may be asked to return home to change.